Monday, November 16, 2009

Greetings! Now For A Mission Statement

Ever want the opportunity to be a sports writer? Do you think they are all armchair quarterbacks filled with pessimism? Do you think you can do better?

Well, now's your chance.

I created this blog as an extension of what I do for WCBSTV.com in NYC. I offer opinion and insights into all of my favorite teams, focusing mostly on the Jets, but also on whatever pops into this deep chasm I call a brain.

So when I started thinking about doing something more personal I asked myself, what would be the best way to be different? How can I make this blog unique?

The answer as best I can gather is to turn this forum into an open-ended sounding board for the fans, a chance for them to try their luck at being the next Rich Cimini, Rod Boone or, dare I say it, Mike Lupica.

So starting now email me your "columns" at greenlanternjets@gmail.com They can be on anything, but I'd like to try to keep a sports theme. I will then link back to your blog or site. If you don't have one, don't worry. Everyone who sends something in will get the opportunity to see their words published. Comment posting is available at the bottom of every entry so, if you have the passion, odds are you'll get plenty of feedback.


All I ask is that you keep it clean. Actually, I lied. I also ask that you spread the good word!

This site will end up being what we, the fans, make of it. The onus is on you to be creative. Lord knows there are enough Jets fans out there with opinions.

Time to man (or woman) up and put your keyboard where your mouth is.

Thanks.

The Lantern

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just keep it clean. You never know when Lantern Jr. will surf this site.